Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Star Date 022613

I have been inspired. It takes quite a lot to encourage me to allow time for documenting my musings or sharing my life within the confines of a blog-spot but my husband has the power to move me past intent and into action. Whether this is good or bad remains to be seen!  

We have had the pleasure of some snow days over the past week and it has given me some rare downtime at home. I tend to take life at a frantic pace always headed to the next meeting with friends or appointment at work, rarely leaving room for rest or reflection. The stillness I have experienced over the past week has reminded me that there are good arguments for quiet time. I often contend that if we don't leave space for God to speak into our lives we stand little chance of doing His will. How true that is but, at the same time, how hard!  I try to be conscious of whether my next task is something to honor the Lord, would he approve, am I being reverent, helpful, a good messenger. Then the day gets busy and things get messy. There's a misunderstanding or a missed appointment or you have somehow offended your friend by looking at your phone while they are sharing something heavy on their heart. That's when I realize that at some point I took the lead and was saying, 'Come on, God, let's go!'.  

Time to make some changes. I don't imagine it will happen overnight but if I keep talking about it maybe, eventually, I will listen to my own rantings and do something for myself.  This is a good start. Now to keep my intentions realistic, my schedule more flexible, my mind less cluttered and my pace steady.  

Maybe if I keep posting I will stay directed...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment